The golfer’s checklist to ensure a healthy back:
- » Visit a physical therapist or chiropractor well versed with golfers for a golf-specific physical assessment and conditioning program.
- » Take a lesson from a PGA professional about basic fundamentals and how the body should move during the golf swing. Hopefully the PGA instructor uses video to analyze your swing.
- » Practice golf specific drills that teach the correct movements in your swing, which will decrease the chances of injuring your back.
- » Ensure your clubs are fitted properly for you, e.g. are your clubs too short or long? Are the shafts too flexible or stiff?
- » Make sure you do a golf-specific warm-up routine prior to hitting balls or playing golf.
Written By: Updated: April 18,2008