There’s a whole bunch of foods that keep you stuck in pain. Eat them and you’re practically asking for trouble.
But life isn’t all about what you can’t do. That’s probably why so many people fail to stick to diets… even when we know it’s for our own good. We just don’t like feeling like we’re missing out on something by following some big list of “don’ts.”
So how about we turn the tables on that and take a look at foods that aren’t only tasty, but can actually help end a lot of our pain. That’s right. Eat any of these super foods and you’re not only enjoying your meal or snack, you’re actually fighting the inflammation that’s keeping you in pain.
Here are my seven favorite super foods that fight inflammation:
- Jalapeno peppers — chop these up raw into your salsa for a great kick and pain relieving power
- Dry roasted almonds — grab a handful of these tasty pain fighters for a snack
- Carrots — they aren’t just for Bugs Bunny… enjoy them raw as a snack or on your salad
- Broccoli — cooked or raw, broccoli quickly goes to work on inflammation too
- Olive oil — just a single tablespoon drizzled on your salad has as much pain fighting power as an entire half cup of broccoli
- Raw spinach — hope you love salads because adding some raw spinach to it will pump up your body’s ability to fight off systemic inflammation
- Wild Alaskan salmon — my all-time favorite inflammation fighting food… wild Alaskan salmon is a heavyweight champion in a small package — a 3oz portion can fight inflammation as well as 6 cups of raw spinach!
- Additional Pain Fighting Foods: Papaya, Pineapple, Ginger, Turmeric, and Tart Cherries.
Now those just happen to be some of my favorites. But there’s a lot more foods that can help you end the pain caused by systemic inflammation. And, you probably already guessed, plenty of foods that will keep you in pain. For more information, check out this great article on How to Eliminate Your Inflammation and Get Your Life Back
Top 4 Most Effective Ways to Consume Pain Fighting Foods
In order for these foods to have a significant effect in the way you feel, you will need to consume high amounts of them. It may seem like a chore at first glance but there are ways to combine many of these foods to make powerful pain fighting meals and snacks.
Here are four ways to consume the pain fighting foods mentioned above.
1. Fruit Smoothies – Smoothies are a great way to consume pain fighting fruits like pineapple, papaya, kiwi and more. Try combining coconut milk with fresh or frozen pineapple and ice, for a fantastic pain fighting pina colada.
2. Soups and Stews – You may have noticed that some of these foods are common ingredients in many simple soups. Toss some carrots, onions, garlic, and your other favorite vegetables into some chicken stock and you will have a great tasting pain fighting soup. *Better to serve this over rice as pasta is one of the foods that will actually increase pain causing inflammation, you will learn more about those below.
3. Juicing – One of the best ways to consume great pain fighting foods is juicing. Fresh juice in the store or at a juice bar will cost you a small fortune, so try juicing at home instead. Decent juicers will run you around $99 and up but it is an investment in your health and is worth every penny. Try combining apples, carrots, pineapple and a small ½ inch of fresh ginger into your juicer for an amazing pain eliminating juice!
4. Natural Supplements – Homemade meals and fresh juices are an ideal way to get the amazing benefits of these foods, but for those of you with a busy schedule… you can also find natural supplements that contain many of the above mentioned foods and more.