It’s a dirty word, but somebody has to say it: constipation.
That’s because extra abdominal gas and fecal matter can create enormous pressure on your spine.
Think of it… if you only have one bowel movement a day, there could be as many as eight meals backed up in your bowels.
Here’s a few practical tips for preventing back pain from excess gas and constipation:
- Drink more water! Dehydration is a common cause of constipation which is easily eliminated by drinking a daily ounce of water for every two pounds of body weight (e.g. if you weigh 100 pounds you should drink 50 ounces of water daily).
- While fruit is great for breakfast, avoid eating fruit and sweets before bed. Your body will convert sugars found in them to gas and without food behind it to push it through you’ll wake up in the morning with more back pain from the extra pressure.
- Use a natural colon cleanse to get things moving again. While hydro colon therapy also works, it can be quite uncomfortable and invasive. Look for a colon cleanse that includes an anti-parasitic while you’re at it too because you may be surprised by what’s lurking in there…
- Try a visceral massage, also called Sun-Moon. To begin, lie on your back and with both hands starting just above your right hip, apply inward pressure on your abdomen, going straight up to the bottom of your rib cage. Then follow along the bottom of the rib cage to the left and then down to the top of the left hip. Go slow and repeat to tolerance.
- Acupressure can also help relieve constipation. Surprised? Don’t be… acupressure is effective for many conditions. Here’s a video demonstration of how to use self-acupressure to relieve constipation.
Want More Tips Like This One? Discover 100 More Proven Tips for Lasting Back Pain Relief:
Written By: October 13,2011