Home Spinal Decompression: Inversion Therapy vs. Nubax Trio

With back pain affecting millions of adults each year, it has become increasingly important to seek out alternative forms of pain treatment. This is particularly true of those suffering from sciatica and chronic back pain because it inhibits their ability to lead a normal and active life.

Since a major source of back pain is a compressed or pinched nerve adjacent to the spine, they require a variety of treatments that are both surgical and non-surgical techniques. As such many spinal decompression treatments have been developed to widen the space between vertebrae to reduce pressure and pain on the spine. The key for you is to work with your physical therapist and physician to find the right decompression technique for you.

Two home spinal decompression devices have become very popular in recent years: inversion therapy tables and the Nubax Trio. Both provide back pain and sciatica sufferers a safe and convenient home treatment option. With price points well below $500 they also cost significantly less than traditional therapy.

Inversion tables and gravity boots are based on techniques dating to at least Hippocrates circa 400BC. Used to hang upside down, these devices harness the force of gravity to provide a gentle traction on the entire length of the spine. Inversion therapy has been proven effective with one recent study showing patients who used inversion therapy along with physiotherapy (stretching exercises) were 70% less likely to require back surgery than patients using physiotherapy alone.

The Nubax Trio is a newer spinal decompression device clinically proven to treat a wide range of chronic back problems. A belt secures the user’s waist while gripping the handles and leaning forward. This creates a gentle traction from the shoulder blades down through the SI Joint at the bottom of the back using the body’s own weight without requiring inversion.

While both inversion tables and the Nubax Trio provide traction, only inversion tables provide traction along the entire length of the spine. Since the Nubax Trio does not decompress the upper spine it is not as effective for neck pain.

The Nubax Trio provides effective traction for the mid and lower back without the strain on knees and ankles some inversion tables and gravity boots cause. It also eliminates the undesirable effects of inversion some people notice such as lightheadedness or dizziness and is safe for diabetics and those with high blood pressure.

Both devices can provide very effective back pain and sciatica relief. Optimum results will often be obtained by combining home spinal decompression therapy with other treatments such as muscle balance therapy which address the underlying causes of back pain.

This entry was posted in Inversion Therapy. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Pam
    Posted November 20, 2009 at 1:24 am | Permalink

I have a herniated L4-5 disc and sciatic pain. What would be better for my problem, the Nubax Trio or and inversion table.

2. Stuart
    Posted November 25, 2009 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Hi there Pam, from experience using both the inversion table & Nubax – I have found that the Nubax has been much more targeted to the lower back.

Some of our customers who suffer from sciatic pain have gained some relief from using the Nubax, however it’s something that requires patients and perseverance.

There are some video’s on you tube which demonstrate both products.

3. Lester Kratochvil
    Posted December 29, 2009 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Well, the article is really the sweetest on this worthw hile topic. I concur with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your approaching updates. Saying thanks will not just be adequate, for the exceptional lucidity in your writing. I will right away grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business dealings!

4. Jesse Cannone
    Posted January 30, 2010 at 10:59 am | Permalink

We just shot a brand new video reviewing the pros and cons of each and you’ll be able to find it on our site in a few days.

5. Paulo Pinto
    Posted March 15, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

well, I can not make any comment because I have not used it the “Nubax Trio” but I would like to try. I have been subjected to surgery on L4-L5 ten years ago and my quality of life has improved little! I am from Portugal and I saw that “Nubax Trio” only exists in the U.S. So I wonder if someone could send me (I`ll pay all shipping charges). My email ppp396@gmail.com. Thank you.

Posted March 18, 2010 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry the Nubax Trio is not currently available through us to Portugal at this time.

7. Vakil
    Posted April 10, 2010 at 8:56 am | Permalink

hey i have a Dorsal Compression Fracture of D11 and D12..! and the doc said that is not so important, he gaves me a croset n 3 months strict bedrest.! can u give your opinions..!

Posted April 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

While they do monitor and read this blog, if you wanted to ask your query to them, you would be best to send it to the helpdesk using the following link, where personal questions can be discussed with more privacy than on a public blog.

9. JOE FARRUGIA
    Posted August 18, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Hi Jesse,

I just want to thank you for getting back to me.
    I do appreciate the many instances you impart
    valuable information because although I may not be
    in any specific need myself I know there are many
    others who would surely benefit due to the goodness
    of your own heart.
    Please keep up the good work.
    Kind regards,
    Joe Farrugia

10. antonio martinez
    Posted October 21, 2010 at 6:27 am | Permalink

I have cervical, dorsal & lumbar problems. With lots of patince, perseverance & lots of exercises, I’ve improved all 3, but the sciatic gives me lots of trouble, nums my right leg when I stand.

11. luke
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

im 6 foot 8 and have a bad low back. want to know if the nubax trio will be able to work on me or if im so tall that when i lean forward my head will hit the ground before i get the full stretch ?

Posted July 12, 2011 at 10:50 am | Permalink

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry but neither the Nubax or Inversion Table are likely to suit you at 6 foot 8. For possible solutions to your low back pain please consider our free 7 Day Back Pain Cure Book

and Lose The Back Pain System

13. Virginia Richmond
    Posted September 25, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

I tried to buy a nubax when you had a special price on them, they were slightly damaged, but they out of them right away. If you have any more that are damaged, or scratched,please send me a email, I would love to have one at those prices. We are Seniors ,so the discount would help.
    Virginia Richmond

14. spinal decompression
    Posted October 18, 2011 at 5:48 am | Permalink

For me, spinal decompression would be my last resort. Thanks for sharing these exercise programs. This is very helpful. keep it up.

Posted August 1, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Hi Geraldine,

Thank you for posting and we would like to help. A place to start would be for you to get read through our free book “7 day back Pain Cure” It includes information about the back, possible causes and treatments to consider. You can read more about it on the link below. We hope you find it useful to you

“7 Day Back Pain Cure”