Is Spinal Decompression the Secret to Lasting Back Pain Relief?

Inversion Therapy Table

Inversion Therapy TreatmentUndo the damage gravity has done to your back. Inversion has been used for thousands of years… has millions of success stories and is a safe and proven way to eliminate back, neck and sciatic pain. Click here to learn more about inversion therapy

Nubax® Trio – Spinal Decompression Device

Inversion Therapy TreatmentThe Nubax Trio is an excellent way to decompress the spine and is a great alternative to using an inversion table because it’s easier to get in and out of and it allows you to apply as little or as much traction as is needed. Click to see just how effective this simple little device can be…

This entry was posted in Inversion Therapy, Video. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. sulekha
    Posted October 13, 2009 at 9:36 pm | Permalink

I had the inversion table for a while. Some days I could use it and some days it was painful. I have sciatica pain down my leg and the pulling on it that the inversion table would create was much too painful. Because I could never use it consistently, I finally got rid of it. Eventually, I will get the Nubax!

2. Skip Swavey
    Posted October 13, 2009 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Hi Jesse, Just wanted to let you know that between the Healnsoothe and the Inversion table, I’m finally starting to get some lower back and knee relief.I have suffered with both for many years.My next thing will probably be the muscle imbalance treatment,but for right now these things are helping quite a bit. Thank you, Skip Swavey

3. Carol
    Posted October 13, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

I used to have sciatic pain down both legs. I got a mini-rebounder. 5min of just light bouncing (feet stay on the mat) and it completely goes away. I have continued working up to no more than 15 min every few days and the sciatica plus many other things have been greatly helped or disappeared totally. It seems like this would be a great addition to your suggested remedies.

4. Jill Crew
    Posted October 14, 2009 at 6:31 am | Permalink

HiJesse,
    I viewed your video, I am very impressed,
    as the diagram of the sketch with the high shoulder I can identify my problem as you say
    muscle imbalance. I have this answer, to now discuss with one of the GP I see at the clinic
    I will still proceed with the treatment offered at
    the Royal Brisbane in November I would love to keep in contact with you.
    Regards Jill Crew

5. Clifford W Rohn
    Posted October 14, 2009 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Dear Jessie, I forget how I got turned on to you, but I have some of your suppliments, and I bought a Inversion Table. I have been doing better. I leen to one side, so I have a muscle inballance, also if I stand in one spot for a while my legs will start to burn and go numb. If I bend down to touch my toes my back will start to pop, about the middle of my back between my shoulder blades, then I’m better. OK, what can I do from here?Cliff

6. TREVOR BRIGGS
    Posted October 15, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Dear Jessie, I have been recieving your emails and videos and am finding the info most helpfull. I have purchased some of your products and find they are mostly benificial. THE NUBAX that i saw on your video looked good, so i have purchased one here in australia and after using it for a short time[ just over a week ].Have already started to gain relief, it is very easy to use and has even given me better nights sleep. So i can reccomend it, and will cotinue to gain much benifit, After thirty years of back pain from austeo arthritis by using the nubax twice a day I know i will at last be much more free of back pain thank you, Trevor.

7. Troy
    Posted October 19, 2009 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Gday Jessie, In may this year I had servere pian in my left butt cheek that become so painfull I couldn’t sit, yet alone work. diagnosed with bulge at L4,L5. 3 weeks on the floor,narcodic pain killers,2 epidurals and anti-inflammatory’s, no improvement! After finding your website I imported the “loose the backpain” programe “heal n sooth” enzymes and started using an inversion table. Within a week I had stopped using narcodic painkillers and anti-inflammatory’s and was able to sleep again. Pins and needles in my left foot come back when sitting incorrect or overdoing it but,corrective exersices,10 mins on inversion table and the pins and needles are gone. Doing the musscle inballance exercises for my condition has amazed my chiropractor by keeping my adjustments in place and strong for a lot longer.The more regulary you do corrective exercises for your own condition the faster the recovery.Thank you Healthy Back Institute I have regained my life, Troy

8. Nikki
    Posted November 16, 2009 at 7:30 am | Permalink

Thanks for the Video about the various decompression/inversion devices.

However, you are assuming that we all actually know HOW each one works.

It would have been more informative to have DEMONSTRATED how each one works while talking about the Pro’s and Con’s of each.

9. Robert
    Posted November 16, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

hi Jesse………..the vieo is good .I was waiting for the demo to be done but you ended without it. The information passed was very informative.

Thanks

10. Ian J PETTITT
    Posted November 16, 2009 at 2:56 am | Permalink

FEEDBACKS, your “celadrin” Rub-on Relief works well, We got “The 7 Day Back Pain Cure”, Burn Fat Fast, Trigger Points “The ABsolute TRUTH” DVDs along with “Enzymens” ALL last Week, ALL overwhelming, and VERY EDUCUATIONAL. You and your Team are CERTIANLY SHARING THE Wisdom along with SUPERIOR Products. May your obedience to the Universe’s Laws be MANIFESTED 10 fold.

11. Simon Yeoh
    Posted December 30, 2009 at 11:52 am | Permalink

I am interested in your inversion table and hope to purchase one. Before that i need to know how much does it cost? Any shipping charges? Can I pay by credit cards by instalment (of course interest-free). How long does it takes to deliver to Penang, Malaysia?

Posted January 4, 2010 at 7:07 am | Permalink

Hi Simon,

While they do read, review and monitor this blog I suggest that you contact them direct with your query using the following link; http://www.losethebackpain.com/customersupport.html or call them
    1800-216-4908

They will then be able to address your specific questions and discuss any more personal information, with more privacy than is available on a public blog.

Thankyou

13. Jesse
    Posted January 11, 2010 at 9:12 am | Permalink

We do demonstrate both devices but in separate videos. You can find the videos by clicking on the links provided in the post above.

14. Vickie Sharkey
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 7:23 am | Permalink

I have diabetes and numbing in the feet and legs. I want to try the inverstion table or the Nubax to see if inverstion or the other method works. I also have a bad back pain with standing and bending so I have arthritus in my back and knees.
    I’ve had a knee replacement in my right knee but my hip is going. I want to try your therapies to avoid surgery but don’t know how to get them. Please let me know. Thank you, Vickie

15. Ted Sundquist
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 7:52 am | Permalink

Remove me from you mail list

16. Scott Lindsay
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

I have had back pain since I was thirteen because of my height of 6’5″ and worked on farms.After leaving school I worked underground mining which always had me bending over and lifting heavy objects.Over the years I began going from acute pain to chronic and now take 100 milli grams of morphine a day.I have had a number of MRI’s and they tell me I have many torn dics from S1 and L5 all the way un to L2 to L1 and I suffer from facet syndrome.I also suffer from sciatica which also can become very painful.Even though I am in pain I try to keep as active as possible but lately the sciatica is bringing me down.Will decompression therapy help me in my case.

Scott LindsaY

Posted January 13, 2010 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Hi Scott,

Would you like to post your query on the Lose The Back Pain Discussion Forum? It is an active forum and many people with back issues/recovering from back issues post there with their questions and experiences. You may find some of the posts useful and the people there very helpful to connect with as well. It is very easy to post there. Please take a look around.

The link is:

Posted January 13, 2010 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Hi Ted,

That has been done.

Posted January 13, 2010 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Hi Vickie,

The products you mention can be found on this page

If you have any queries about the products etc. I suggest that you contact customer support direct with your query using the following link:
    http://www.losethebackpain.com/customersupport.html or call them
    1800-216-4908

20. joseph gelleny
    Posted January 16, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

more info on Spinal decompression. thanks joe gelleny

21. louis delsarte
    Posted January 16, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

does it reallly work with heal and soothe ?

22. sand thomas
    Posted January 18, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

after an auto accident and 3 x weekly therapy with no relief from pain and spasms. i purchased an inversion table. almost instantly my pain vanished. i am amazed! i have 1 herniated disc, 2 buldging and 1 protruding. i find using the table first thing in morning and last thing at night keeps me pretty much pain-free. thanks for your site!

23. Una
    Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

Jesse i LOVE your humour and this exercise works

Thanks Una

24. Paul Arthur
    Posted April 4, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Thoought I’d let you know a year ago my back pain was so bad I could only walk a few feet at a time. I bought your basic book and after a few days on smooth surfaces I could walk again. Then I got an inversion table. At first it was painful but I toughed it out adding a few seconds each day and after a couple of weeks found I was looking forward to using the table at the end of the day. Now I find that doing about have of the back exercisees (about 10 mins. of my time) and 5 mins on the inversion table and I’m living a fairly pain free life. I’m not running around like I did as a 20 year old Marine, but I’m out fly fishing, hiking the mountains and hunting all the time without pain. – Paul

25. agogo
    Posted August 14, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

thanks Jesse. this is all very informative. can you research the difference between wellness and healthy living?

26. pauljackson
    Posted December 6, 2010 at 1:44 am | Permalink

Chiropractic care in general is safe when employed skillfully and appropriately. Manipulation is regarded as

relatively safe, Regular exercise relieves back pain by strengthening and stretching the muscles that support the

spine and helps to prevent future injury These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more

effective than ever before.
    If you encounter any problems with these poses, you should consult an expert.

27. Sonali
    Posted June 4, 2011 at 3:45 am | Permalink

Pl go thru this Article and their regular features, very help full for health maintenance. Baba

28. Margo Rose Smith
    Posted June 4, 2011 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Hi Jesse,

I am a retired classroom/music teacher who suffered a back injury when I fell on my tailbone. I also have been playing piano for over 50 years and still continue to have no relief from neck, lower back and sciatic pain. I exercise and walk on a regular basis which gives me some relief. I have been to chiropractors, massage therapists, and have tried the inverted procedure. But because playing piano is a great part of my life and I don’t want to give it up, I have recently discovered from my doctor water in the bursa area of my hip. He wants to inject some cortisone into this bone. Have you any advice for me regarding this procedure? I would appreciate any comments you may have. Thanks. Margo Smith

29. Ronald Ringsmuth
    Posted June 4, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

I first started experiencing lower back pains when I played football as a teenager. They would eventually go away, but come back without a moments notice. After a week flat on the floor the pain would subside until the next recurrence. After several years of this I finally found a “manipulation clinic” where I was twisted once a month for three months and was then pronounced cured. This was true for about 40 years until the pain came back with a vengence. I thought it was sciatica all the way down the left side. I subsequently tried physical therapy, chiropractic alignment, and epidurals at a pain center but nothing worked. An MRI diagnosed L4-L5-S1 constrictions as my problem. Finally I went through decompression therapy on the DRX-9000 for a month followed by six months of extensive core strengthening. I am now 69 years young, it has been almost two years and I’m still going strong with no pain. It does work!

30. ROD DANIELSON
    Posted June 4, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

I have had back surgery. A metal brace between L4 and L5. Could I safely us in inversion table.

Thanks, Rod

31. Kerry
    Posted June 4, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Jess,
    Just a note: as a practitioner helping those with back pain, I have often recommended the inversion therapy. The slight difference is that my information to them includes the fact that they need not go totally up side down. If they are 20 degrees head down (laying level being zero,)that is in fact enough to be giving benefits as you describe. This difference has meant that more people are comfortable with using an inverta.
    Thank you for continuing to give such great and educational information to the people. Keep up the good work.

Regards Kerry

32. Franz
    Posted June 4, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

I am sold on the products and information from this website, HealthyBackInstite. I was diagnosed with herniated discs in the lower back, I was with sciatica, pain so bad, I was not able to sleep more than two hours a night. I tried epidural injections, and it calmed things down, but I was still not right until I found that I had Pyriformus syndrome, basically muscle emballances. I fixed myself finally, with Fenix, Healinsooth, and I traction. I do this everyday and my stretches, I work out, bike, mild weights, swim, hike and run. I have my life back. I am almost 50, no once believes it, thanks HealthyBackInstitute for your adds, your products and you no nonsense way of selling your products. Oh, I also use the BackJoy in my car everyday. These products work and I no long go to the expensive chiropractor either save hundreds of dollars. Thanks !

33. Susan
    Posted June 5, 2011 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Hi Jessie – I did traction for several years and it helped my back tremendously. I assume that most of these devices work similerly to traction. I developed serious degenerative disc disease over the years to the point that no disc exited at the L4/5, L3/4 vertabra and I was completely disabled with pain. I had a anterior double cage fusion done in 1996 which in truth helped me tremnendously, although I still have some residual pain, I am now continent and functioning at near “normal” – which I’m very thankful for because I wasn’t able to do anything prior to the surgery.. I think that this treatment is a very good idea, but need to cation anyone who has been fused should likely not attempt it. I’m not sure about people who’ve had other forms of back surgery.

34. Hanna van Tonder
    Posted June 6, 2011 at 12:41 am | Permalink

I am in South Africa and now a regular client. Would like to order an inversion table but there are no options to select my country to be able to purchase the table. Please assist.

Posted June 6, 2011 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Hi Margo Rose,

Thank you for your post and query. You may find this article on the topic of cortisone injections useful.

Posted June 8, 2011 at 6:50 am | Permalink

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for your question re Inversion tables.

We are unable to ship any of the inversion tables out side the US or Canada.

However,if you have a US address and then can make arrangements to ship the product to your home from there, we will be glad to help start the first leg of the trip.

If you wish to persue this option please email us for package dimensions…

Posted June 8, 2011 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your query re is it safe for you to use an Inversion Table with having back surgery and a metal brace between L4 and L5.

We would not advise you use an Inversion table. Any time someone has surgery to connect vertebra you would not want to use any form of spinal decompression to try to separate that connection; so Inversion is not suggested…

38. Nancy
    Posted June 9, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

Any contraindications with the inversion table for someone who’s had 2 bouts of vertigo?

Posted June 10, 2011 at 4:25 am | Permalink

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your question.

We would advise that you seek advice from a qualified medical practitioner about your query.

If anyone has a medical condition it is recommended to consult their primary medical care provider, before purchasing or using any piece fitness equipment.

40. Mike Briston
    Posted June 14, 2011 at 7:05 am | Permalink

Hi,
    I suffer from Kypholordotic posture and degenerative disc disease. This only normally affects me when I lay down. (I can’t do any excersises that require me to lay on my back)
    When I lay down, within seconds, I get back spasms like cramp. I have had facet joint injections, physio, hydra therapy, none of which work.
    In your opinion, would spinal decompression work for me?

Thanks,
    Mike

Posted June 17, 2011 at 4:24 am | Permalink

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question.

Posted June 17, 2011 at 5:39 am | Permalink

Mike, in addition while spinal decompression could help, we would suggest to you that you work on balancing your body first.

One suggestion would be Muscle Balance Therapy, found in our Lose the Back Pain System, http://www.losethebackpain.com/treatments/musclebalancetherapy.html

Once you get the program and do the assessments you are free to send them in to us for us to assess and give further suggestions, including alternative exercises so you do not need to lie on your back.

I hope this helps.

43. Mike Briston
    Posted June 20, 2011 at 5:54 am | Permalink

That’s very helpful, thanks,
    Mike.

44. Tanja Lawton
    Posted June 22, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Hi Jesse!

My husband has scoliosis. What kind of treatment would you recommend? Would inversion therapy help?

Thanks for all the great info!

Tanja

45. Angelina Carvalho
    Posted June 24, 2011 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Jesse,
    I’ve been suffering of lower back pain and neck pain for the past 6 months. I got the inversion table and been using it the past 7 days. I got some relief but still don’t feel good. I would like to access my muscle imbalances and have been back to swimming 3xx a week, hoping for a cure. But since I’m still in pain there is something else I might be missing. Please advice. Many thanks for your all your help.

Posted June 26, 2011 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Hi Angelina,

Thank you for your post and query.

Have you considered our Lose The Back pain System? It addresses muscle imbalances. You can read more about it on the link below:-

Posted June 26, 2011 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Hi Tanja,

Thank you for your post and query.

Please consider our Free 7 day back pain cure book for your husband. You can click on the link below to read about it.

“Free 7 Day Back Pain Cure Book”

48. Tony Valkosak
    Posted July 24, 2011 at 8:19 am | Permalink

Jesse, You have great articles. I’ve had a laminectomy due to back pain and leg pain. I came out of it with the Dr. saying I’ve had a pinched nerve 95%. The result was neuropathy in both legs, ankles & feet. I had the surgery 2003. I do have (2) bad knees but I exercise 3-4 X a week. I concider myself active in spite of back and knee pain. I’m retired and still would enjoy doing more. My grandson recently was diagnosed with low back bulging disc in low back due to an accident. At end of the day he walks with a curvature. He is 25 yrs. old and has a long way too go. I would also like to help him. I have threadmill, elipitcal, rec. bike, wt. bench, rev sit-up rack, exer. ball. Pls. advise.

Posted August 4, 2011 at 2:16 am | Permalink

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your comment and query/

A good place to start for you and your grandson would be our free book.

You can find out more about it on the link below:-

“Free 7 Day Back Pain Cure Book”