By, Isabel De Los Rios
Based on the feedback I received from my last blog post, it looks like I’m not the only one who has suffered an attack from the craving monster. Yup, it happens and I would be kidding myself, actually, lying to myself, if I thought I would never want another piece of cake, cookie, or sweet treat ever again even after eating healthy for so many years.
I mention more “sweet” stuff than anything else because that seems to be most people’s problem, but there are many that also crave “salty” and when I say “salty” it’s usually not salted broccoli and cauliflower, but more like chips and dip (and not the healthy kind).
Since cravings are something we’re all going to have to deal with from time to time (some more often than others), I decided to share my….
Top 10 “Beat the Cravings” foods and meals. (Some of these I have mentioned before, but they are so good they are well worth repeating).
1. Cut up some fresh fruit (berries, an apple, a pear, 1/2 banana) and put 1 tsp of raw, natural honey on top. One teaspoon goes along way and gives your already sweet fruit a bit more of a kick.
2. Make your own healthy Vegetable Chips. Cut up Kale and sweet potatoes and coat them with olive oil or butter. Add some Celtic sea salt and bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes at 250 – 300 degrees C. You really have to watch these, especially the kale, because you don’t want it to burn. You’re looking to get them crispy but if you’re not paying attention, they could easily burn.
3. Drink some Tea Juice (this is the first recipe in your Diet Solution Recipes). Essentially it is herbal tea sweetened with Stevia and cooled to be enjoyed as a cold drink. This really hits the spot at 3pm when I “think” I want a sweet treat but this naturally sweetened beverage is enough to calm my cravings.
4. Get some sliced turkey and/or roast beef (I get the natural kind that is store baked and does not contain nitrites and nitrates) and lay 1 or 2 slices flat on a plate. Add 2-3 pieces of raw cheese and wrap it up into a roll. You can also make this into a lettuce wrap by adding a lettuce leaf.
5. Mix some almond or peanut butter with unsweetened organic apple sauce and sprinkle cinnamon on top. A great mid morning or afternoon snack.
6. Go do something you love…haha…I know…I stuck a “non food” one in here. Sometimes we’re not really craving food, we’re just “bored” and need to go and consume ourselves with something we enjoy. For me, sitting at the book store with an herbal tea, reading magazines, is such a treat! (Although I always come home with more magazines than I will ever possibly be able to read, but, hey, everyone’s got their addictions right?)
7. Cut up one apple, spread almond butter or peanut butter on top and sprinkle some crushed raw cacao or organic dark chocolate on top.
8. A fruity or chamomile herbal tea sweetened with stevia or xylitol in the evening is perfect right before bed to calm you after a busy day.
9. After you’ve made your own veggie chips, get some salsa and have your own chips and dip party. I am going to keep experimenting with different kinds of veggies and see which one work the best but so far, I love the kale.
10. 1 piece of organic dark chocolate with a dab of natural peanut butter or almond butter. You’d be surprised how 1 piece can go a very long way as far as knocking out a chocolate craving!
Remember you want to stay away from processed sugar and artificial sweeteners as much as possible. I personally use Stevia for all of my sweetening needs, but I know many people who also enjoy xylitol which is also a great choice.
As I mentioned before, if you’re still struggling to stay on track, a good alternative that I highly suggest is considering a medical hypnosis program. The most powerful one that I have already researched for you that has already proven incredible results for so many is here:
You can read people’s experiences right on that page and personally, I have found this to be the best, most complete and effective hypnosis program on the market today.
If you’ve struggled with your weight over and over again, this bit of “extra help” may just be what you need and are looking for. Also never let pride hold you back because you think you should do this on will power alone. I’m here to help make this easy for you and trying out what works best for you is always the right choice.
Best of all, the program is guaranteed to work or you get your money back. And you have a full year to try it out.
To read more great articles like this please visit Isabel’s site by clicking here
- How to Stop Sugar Cravings: Top 10 Ways While the American Heart Association recommends Americans consume no more than 9.5 teaspoons of sugar a day, the average adult...
- Strange Food Cravings Bizarre Food Cravings Explained! Do you have an “addiction” to uncommon foods? Late night runs for chocolate, ice cream...
- How to Stop Food Cravings 8 Most Effective Steps Is it a bowl of chocolate fudge ice cream that gets you? A pepperoni pizza that...
- Mystery Fatigue and Cravings – Solved! By Elizabeth Walling It often takes years for someone to realize candida is the mystery illness behind symptoms like...