The widespread popularity of self-deceiving (lying about being powerless in the face of whatever problem) might be due to its effectiveness.
It gets the job done. It takes us out of the game. It sits us down at the end of the bench so we don’t have to play. It even puts a cool towel around our necks, a towel that we can hide our faces in if we become ashamed that the world is passing us by.
- Every lie we tell ourselves is based on fear of the unknown. Fear of the fresh and the beautiful.
- Fear of that daring plunge into unknown beauty.
- Fear of uncertainty, fear of being courageous, evolving and creative.
- Fear of risking being a total fool.
- Fear of taking a stand for greatness.