By Jesse Cannone
Recently someone shared the true story of a little girl named Rachel Beckwith with me.
When Rachel heard how millions of other kids never live to see their 5th birthday due to a lack of clean drinking water, she decided to do something about it.
When Rachel turned 9 years old a couple months ago, instead of asking for a gift, Rachel chose to give a gift: water. She asked her friends and family to make a donation to the nonprofit charity: water instead of spending money on gifts for her.
Her goal was modest. Rachel wanted to raise $300 to help 15 children get access to clean drinking water. She raised $220 by her birthday, $80 shy of her goal, but planned to try again next year.
Sadly, Rachel won’t have that opportunity. Only days after her 9th birthday Rachel was tragically killed in an automobile accident.
But that’s far from the end of the story.
Rachel’s story has spread like wildfire and tens of thousands of people around the world have been motivated to act in Rachel’s honor. As a result, instead of $300, Rachel’s Birthday Wish has raised well over $1,000,000 in donations over the past two months!
We were moved by Rachel’s story too. Steve Hefferon and I have chosen to honor Rachel’s memory and selfless act with a donation of $90… $9 for Rachel’s 9th birthday, and another $9 for each of our own children who we hope will make as big of an impact on the world as Rachel has.
So Rachel… Natasha… Juliette… Chloe… Maeve… Moses… Neve… Malick… Bette… Jessica… here’s to you… and to making the world a better place one person at a time.
Want to Make a Difference?
- Live Life Now Feeling old? Washed up? Nothing left to live for? Think again… I just saw the most amazing video today....
- How Eating at Home Can Save Your Life By Mark Hyman, MD The slow insidious displacement of home cooked and communally shared family meals by the industrial...
- 20 Life Guiding Principles – Robert Ringer 1. Never compromise your integrity, for anything or anybody. 2. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. Learn to say...
- True Life Success Stories From The Back Pain Sufferers Who Lived Them… I have been taking them now for nearly two months and over the course of these two months my back...
- Back 2 Life Product Review Back 2 Life Reviews As I stated in the video, I personally would not purchase this item…. unless, and...