Rock and roll will never die.
Neither will your sciatic pain if you don’t take care of the underlying cause.
Of all the causes of sciatica, the most common is when the piriformis muscle becomes tight and restricted, placing pressure on the sciatic nerve.
Frequently the piriformis muscle becomes tight and restricted as a result of muscle imbalances. Stretching the piriformis muscle can bring fast relief to sciatic pain, and targeted stretching and exercise can eliminate the underlying imbalance altogether.
But often there’s another hidden pain-causing component to sciatica pain, called trigger points. These occur when muscle fibers get stuck and locked in place, making your muscle tight, weak and dysfunctional.
How do you know if trigger points are keeping you in pain? One rule of thumb is if you stretch your piriformis muscle and it creates even more discomfort, you probably have trigger points.
The problem here is you can’t simply exercise and stretch away trigger points. You have to break them apart using direct pressure so you can stretch the tight muscle and relieve the ache.
In today’s video, Steve Hefferon shows you how to use a special rocking and rolling technique to break apart trigger points followed by a piriformis muscle stretch to finally ease your sciatica pain.
After Watching, DON’T MISS:
(a must if you have Sciatic Pain!)
Love Our Articles?
Subscribe to our Less Pain, More Life! newsletter and get breakthrough pain relief tips!
- At Home Sciatica Relief Imagine the pain of a sharp razor blade slicing open your lower back, through your buttocks and down the back...
- Natural Treatments for Sciatica If you've been diagnosed with sciatica you might be surprised to learn it's not really a physical condition at all....
- How to Use Trigger Point Therapy to End Your Sciatica Pain Sciatic nerve pain, or sciatica, is hard to mistake. It’s severe shooting pain that radiates from your lower back all...
- Is That Pain Down Your Leg Sciatica? Do you have a sharp pain that frequently radiates through your buttocks, down the outside of your leg, right...
- Leg Pain Relief With Easy Sciatica Stretches Of all the different pain-inducing conditions that billions of people around the world suffer from, very few are as irritating...