Often a slow-moving disease and rarely found in men under age 40, prostate cancer originates in the prostate gland, a walnut-size organ wrapped around the urethra and a key part of a man’s reproductive system.
Unfortunately, the early signs of prostate cancer, apart from those gathered by prostate-specific antigen (BPA) screenings and prostate exams conducted during annual physical checkups, can be almost as slight as those connected with pancreatic cancer.
Not to mention, recent controversies about the need for regular PSA screenings coupled the average male’s attitudes concerning the brief discomfort connected with digital rectal prostate exams make identifying prostate cancer even more problematic.
A Slow-Growing Cancer
By the time many of these 10 symptoms of prostate cancer listed below begin to appear, either a malignancy is growing or an advanced phase of the disease is in full swing:
- A delay in the start of the urinary stream.
- A burning or painful sensation while urinating.
- A slow urinary stream.
- Blood appearing in man’s semen or urine.
- Bone pain in the pelvic bones or lower back.
- General discomfort in the pelvic region.
- A leakage of urine, often after urination.
- Muscle straining during urination.
- An inability to push all of the urine out.
- Frequent urination, particularly at night.
No wonder, 1 out of every 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetimes. Put into greater perspective, nearly as many men die from prostate cancer as patients are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer every year.
The Good News
The good news: The slow-moving nature of prostate cancer makes it very treatable. In fact, the survival rates for 2 of the 3 stages of prostate cancer — local and regional — are nearly 100 percent over a 5-year period and 91 percent over a decade.
Additionally, recent trials have identified two genetic biomarkers found at high levels of prostate cancer that may spur the development of a urine test that could supplement a prostate biopsy and PSA test
If you want to learn how to STOP cancer and other diseases — and put the brakes on premature aging while you are at it — DO NOT MISS this interesting and powerful special presentation below on unique and highly effective approaches you likely have not heard of before…
Love Our Articles?
Subscribe to our Less Pain, More Life! newsletter and get breakthrough pain relief tips!
- 10 Signs of Gynecologic Cancer No Woman Should Ignore Some 81,000 women will be diagnosed with some form of gynecologic cancer — vulvar, vaginal, cervical, uterine (endometrial) or ovarian...
- The Top 6 Cancer-Fighting SuperFoods Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the United States (first is heart disease), responsible for over half a...
- 6 Unusual Ways to Detect Cancer From Sniffing Dogs to Listening for Cancer … and How to Literally Burn Cancer Out! The world of medicine his...
- The Top 5 Pancreatic Cancer Risks Take These Steps to Prevent This Silent Killer Consuming a small amount of processed meats can significantly raise your risks...
- 10 Most Famous Americans Who Survived Cancer There are nearly 12 million cancer survivors in the United States, each with their own story of courage and triumph....