6 Anti-Inflammatory Herbs thatAnnihilate Pain

Anti-inflammatory herbs are a gift within a gift, because not only are these herbs a versatile and delicious way to liven up your meals, but they’re one of nature’s most potent weapons to stop and prevent pain.

When you’ve finished learning the 6 most powerful anti-inflammatory herbs, also do not miss The Top 12 Safest And Most Effective Pain Relievers, in which a dozen of the world’s most powerful natural pain-fighting ingredients of all sorts are revealed.

And if you have ANY additional insights about other anti-inflammatory herbs — or suggestions on how to use these herbs below in cooking, drinks, etc. — please share it with everyone by leaving a COMMENT toward the bottom of this page.

Now without further adieu, 6 anti-inflammatory herbs that annihilate pain…

1) Chamomile

anti-inflammatory herbs

Chamomile Flower

In the classic children’s tale Peter Rabbit, Peter’s mother gave him chamomile tea when he was feeling ill. Turns out she knew what she was doing and it is worth your while to drink chamomile tea, too! Scientific studies demonstrate chamomile is an excellent anti-inflammatory … well-known to help with stomach aches but helpful with pain elsewhere too. It is also a very calming herb, so if you experience stress it can help you relax.

2) Fenugreek

Fenugreek (which in Latin means “green hay”) is another excellent anti-inflammatory. Studies have even shown it can reduce high triglyceride blood levels! Some say its taste is similar to maple syrup. The greens and sprouts are a tasty addition to a salad and the seeds provide excellent seasoning to a variety of meats, stews, and sauces. It is a common addition to Indian cooking (and you can typically find it in Indian and ethnic markets.)

3) Ginger

Ginger is a welcome and extremely versatile ingredient in many foods, from meats and veggies to drinks and desserts. And ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties have been known and appreciated for centuries. Here again scientific research confirms this herb’s anti-inflammatory power … it’s an excellent herb for migraines and other forms of pain. By the way, ginger tea can be a big help if you experience heartburn … and it has even been shown to be very helpful with those experiencing morning sickness!

4) Rosemary

herb inflammation

Flowering Rosemary

Rosemary is an excellent herb for pain because it naturally eases nerve and muscle tension. It’s very good for chronic headaches. Research shows it may even help prevent cancer and age-related skin damage! It contains salicin which is a natural form of glycoside — which aspirin is made from. Rosemary can be found in virtually any store (and it is easy to grow in a garden or pot at home), and is an excellent herb for flavoring meats, salad dressings, stews, soups, sauces and even tea.

5) Sage

Sage isn’t just for Thanksgiving Day dressing. Sage helps improve achy muscles and inflammation and is great to keep your mind clear. Sage is actually in the mint family and is exceptional for flavoring food.

White sage is a strong anti-inflammatory and is most often consumed as tea, while common sage can be consumed as tea or used to season food.

6) Turmeric

The anti-inflammatory herb turmeric is well known as the main spice in curry, and it is the reason for the yellow color of table mustard. It is also a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, meaning it is great for disinfecting cuts and burns. It is another very versatile herb for many foods (try it on eggs!)

For a full size, shareable graphic of this information, click this image below:

Now, please pass the benefits of this article on by clicking Share to the upper right above, and post any comments you have about these or other beneficial anti-inflammatory herbs below!

And next, don’t miss …

The Top 12 Safest And Most Effective
Natural Pain Relieving Ingredients of All…

This entry was posted in Pain and Inflammation. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Cynthia
    Posted March 4, 2012 at 3:08 am | Permalink

I have been using peanut oil on my arthritic hands, used each night massaged into the skin. my hands are much more supple, and the pain has lessened. a spin off. is my nails are growing back stringer. I’m also rubbing into my face my skin was getting dry, now my wrinkles are disappearing and my skin looks younger…

2. Lani Gallimore
    Posted March 4, 2012 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Your research and compilations are a godsend. A million thanks for this spot-on information. I’ve been searching for help like this for 29 years, and I finally feel like my prayers are being answered. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

3. Christina
    Posted March 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

I used ginger to get rid of a headache after the first time I heard of using this way. It was great. My headache, which was heading toward a migraine, was gone within 20 minutes, and I’ve never known one to go away without having to take something for it. 1/3 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger washed down with a swig of water.

4. Edie Manion
    Posted March 4, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

I have been taking “Heal ‘N Soothe” for over 6 months. I am now without pain!!
    At 84 it is a joy to play golf and not have to take asperine every 6 holes!!
    I also discovered PINEAPPLE! I eat it for breakfast and the joints say Thanks!!
    I have an inversion table I use faithfully!! Edie

5. Lorraine
    Posted June 10, 2012 at 7:01 am | Permalink

I have found the herb ‘Boswellia’ to be a wonderful pain reliever for arthritis. Make sure the pill form is 65% extract. I could tell the difference after the 1st caplet.

6. Tuan Zia
    Posted June 10, 2012 at 1:28 am | Permalink

I strongly recommend ginger with Tea (without milk)… regular intake of Garlic 3 to 5 slices boiled or roasted before going to bed relieves you from rheumatic pain and inflamation..Thanks

7. Jeff
    Posted August 20, 2012 at 8:12 am | Permalink

All these herbs are excellent. I have sage and rosemary growing outside. I think I will go pick some now.

8. Shirley De Maid
    Posted August 22, 2012 at 5:48 am | Permalink

Try These everyone they are great Masseuse of 30 years experience !!!!!!!!!

9. vickie lucas
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 6:18 am | Permalink

I use curcumin ( which is a derivative of tumeric) dissolved in virgin olive oil
    It is wonderful for joint pain & works as an anti-inflammatory

10. keith
    Posted August 26, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

I have been taking 30% food grade hydrogen peroxide 3 drops in distilled water every second day it puts oxygen into the blood athlets have been known to take it for performance.. i use tumeric mixed in to scrambled eggs when i do have them if your body is aciidic you wil get pain

11. Butch J
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Get a bottle of Real Lemon juice or a real lemon and put A teaspoon of juice in a cup of cold water and drink it for a month only. Then alternate each month so that you don’t build up too much acid in your body. This is good Gout causes, sinus drainage build up(stomach), Arthritis, and when warmed, a laxative. My former 95 year old Great – Uncle had been taking his prescribed gout medication for years. Then my neighbor gave me this remedy and pass it on. On one of my uncles check – ups, the doctor asked him why was he not getting his prescriptions filled and his reply was this. The medicine ran him too the bathroom too, too much and he was getting cramps more often; potassium flushed out, so he just stuck to the juice and he had less accidents getting to the bathroom. So, his doctor told him to continue using the lemon juice. This he use until his passing at age 101.

12. Frannie
    Posted October 19, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

I have don’t do well with herbs or any other that comes from flowers such as Rosemary, Chamomile, etc. I bought 100% ginger and plan on buying Turmeric. I haven’t tried either for sciatic nerve yet that is almost leaving me cripple at times. I hear about the These two I have read about, but as we all know each body responds differently to anything we take. I’m tired of cortisone shots and now he wants to do an epidural and I said it. I thank you for all the information and love reading the comments.

13. claire sunga
    Posted October 25, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

im having a backpain,just want top know what other herbal medicine that can be found in our place

14. Monica
    Posted November 29, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

I make a lot of use of ginger, particularly. Crystallized ginger is easy to make, and provides useful by-products in the form of ginger sugar, and ginger tea or syrup, depending on which stage of the product you are draining off. Ginger syrup added (to taste) to club soda makes a lovely ginger ale. I don’t drink soda, but this workks well to settle upset stomachs, and is quite refreshing. Ginger water, with fresh lemon and honey is really good for respiratory problems, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc. I add the syrup to sweet potatoes and squash instead of brown sugar, and have been developing other recipes.
    The rest of the herbs on the page can often be combined to make a lovely tea. Some people are allergic to chamomile, so pay attention to individual reactions. Sage tea helps with headaches. Curcurmin works for so very many things, and can be snuck into almost any dish with a sauce. Very heart healthy. Play with your food. It’s fun.

15. Joe Farrugia
    Posted January 31, 2014 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Hello Dennis,
    My apologies! I tried to leave a comment above here, but the area provided disappeared.

Just the same; I have just emailed you and commented about your back pain and the 6 herbs you recommended. I have used Natural Remedies for most of my life. Whenever I get to read your messages I often find something new to learn even at my age. I think it is refreshing to come across someone as young as you so dedicated to natural remedies like herbs and so forth. I can assure you, I believe you are doing a lot of good publicizing whatever natural treatment you use for yourself. Just keep it up.
    Kind regards,