Beware These Drugs!
Back pain is one of the most common reasons why people visit the doctor, and, once there, many expect to receive a concrete diagnosis and a quick fix for their pain. The end result, according to new research published in JAMA Internal Medicine — [i] reviewed in the must-see Today Show video below — is that many doctors are not following recommendations to use less invasive approaches for treating back pain …
Instead, doctors are increasingly treating back pain with strong prescription drugs, referrals to specialists and unnecessary medical tests, such as CT scans, without any increases in back pain relief. The study’s lead author noted:[ii]
“The guidelines have been pretty consistent since the 1990s. The basic approach is ‘less is more’ for patients with routine back pain. … Unfortunately, the fancier treatments haven’t been shown to decrease patient’s pain or increase their quality of life.”
The JAMA study revealed, however, what you may already know if you’ve recently seen a doctor for back pain — that invasive and potentially dangerous treatments are more the rule rather than the exception. And this certainly helps explain why Americans are spending upwards of $86 billion annually on back pain treatments — and still not finding relief!
The study found, for instance:
- The use of opioid prescription painkillers (such as Oxycontin) increased from 19% to 29% from 1999 to 2010
- 43% of those using drugs for back pain were suffering from substance abuse
- The use of MRI and CT scans increased from 7% to 11% (each scan can cost $1,000 or more)
MUST READ… Why You’ve Got to Think Twice Before Taking Prescription or OTC Painkillers for Back Pain …
Why is painkiller use on the rise, when the research clearly shows back pain should typically be treated without the use of strong painkillers? They’re a quick solution and they do relieve pain, plus they generate hefty profits for the drug companies and for your doctor when you inevitably return with side-effect symptoms or because your pain never entirely disappeared …
Unfortunately, many people with back pain are only hurting themselves further — physically and financially — by regarding drugs as an acceptable solution. They do nothing to address the real reasons why you’re in pain, which I’ll get to shortly, but, even worse, they are downright dangerous for your health.
- NSAIDs, including even over-the-counter options like aspirin, are notorious for being hard on your gastrointestinal tract, leading to potentially fatal side effects such as bleeding in your digestive tract, ulcers and perforation of your stomach or intestines.
- All prescription NSAIDs, including Celebrex, ibuprofen and naproxen, can increase your risk of a deadly heart attack or stroke. Celebrex, in particular, has been found to pose unacceptably high heart attack risks.
- Opioid painkillers stimulate pleasure-perceiving areas in your brain, leading to an initial rush of euphoria that some people find impossible to resist. Along with developing physical dependence on the drugs, some people also become quickly addicted. Prescription drug overdoses now cause more overdose deaths than cocaine and heroin combined,[iii] and their numbers are on the rise.
- If you take too much acetaminophen (Tylenol) — which is extremely easy to do if you take multiple over-the-counter medications — you could suffer from fatal liver damage. Acetaminophen products may also cause fatal skin reactions, according to a new warning from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Even if the Drugs Work Temporarily …
You probably won’t be able to stand them for long due to the side effects, and as soon as you stop taking them, the pain will reappear (it was only being covered up, after all). They are simply not a long-term solution in any form.
Back pain is rarely the result of a one-time incident, such as an accident or injury. Instead, back pain typically develops gradually over time, the result of years of poor posture, repetitive stresses (such as digging in your backyard, typing on a computer or tensing your muscles due to anxiety), picking up children or even carrying a heavy backpack or purse.
This leads to imbalances between various muscle groups, i.e. “muscle imbalances.” Your body is then forced to work each day with this dysfunction and eventually this creates a condition, like a herniated disc or a pinched nerve, for example. Even the smallest muscle imbalance can over time pull you out of balance and place tremendous amounts of uneven pressure and wear and tear on your body … especially the vertebrae, discs, spine and its supporting muscles.
With the Lose the Back Pain System, you’ll go through a series of self assessments designed to help you pinpoint which postural dysfunctions you have, then correct and heal them for true back pain relief. But first, if you’re currently taking prescription or over-the-counter drugs for back pain, do yourself a favor and stop — there’s a far safer, more powerful solution!
Ditch Your Dangerous Pain Meds for Safe, Natural Pain Relief
Are you taking one of these 5 most dangerous painkillers? If your answer is ‘yes’ … my next question is … WHY?
Click here to learn about the 12 SAFEST & MOST EFFECTIVE pain relievers in the world. They’re available all together, in one powerful formula that actually HEALS the underlying condition causing your pain.
That means you’ll feel quick pain relief in the short-term … and permanent healing in the long-term, without the side effects common to prescription and OTC drugs.
If you’ve never heard of Heal-n-Soothe before, then today is going to be a day you’ll remember; it’s the day you finally found a safe solution to end your pain.
“I’ll Stop Just Short of Saying That It’s a Miracle”