7 Super Foods That Silence Pain

There’s a whole bunch of foods that keep you stuck in pain. Eat them and you’re practically asking for trouble.

salmon spinach great food

Enjoy great foods... and get out of pain at the same time

But life isn’t all about what you can’t do. That’s probably why so many people fail to stick to diets… even when we know it’s for our own good. We just don’t like feeling like we’re missing out on something by following some big list of “don’ts.”

So how about we turn the tables on that and take a look at foods that aren’t only tasty, but can actually help end a lot of our pain. That’s right. Eat any of these super foods and you’re not only enjoying your meal or snack, you’re actually fighting the inflammation that’s keeping you in pain.

Here are my seven favorite super foods that fight inflammation:

• Jalapeno peppers — chop these up raw into your salsa for a great kick and pain relieving power
  • Dry roasted almonds — grab a handful of these tasty pain fighters for a snack
  • Carrots — they aren’t just for Bugs Bunny… enjoy them raw as a snack or on your salad
  • Broccoli — cooked or raw, broccoli quickly goes to work on inflammation too
  • Olive oil — just a single tablespoon drizzled on your salad has as much pain fighting power as an entire half cup of broccoli
  • Raw spinach — hope you love salads because adding some raw spinach to it will pump up your body’s ability to fight off systemic inflammation
  • Wild Alaskan salmon — my all-time favorite inflammation fighting food… wild Alaskan salmon is a heavyweight champion in a small package — a 3oz portion can fight inflammation as well as 6 cups of raw spinach!

Now those just happen to be some of my favorites. But there’s a lot more foods that can help you end the pain caused by systemic inflammation. And, you probably already guessed, plenty of foods that will keep you in pain. For more information, check out this great article on how to create your own anti-inflammatory diet.

And Do Not Miss…

Over 25 Years Old and Stuck in Pain, THIS May Be Why…

Love Our Articles?

Subscribe to our Less Pain, More Life! email newsletter and get breakthrough pain relief tips!

Comments

1. Mary says

Please don’t encourage people to eat raw goitrogens like broccoli. It takes cooking to reduce or eliminate that.

So many women have low thyroid and these can make it even worse.

2. mike says

Don’t you mean wild alaskan salmon? Wild atlantic salmon is almost non existent. by definition atlantic salmon today means farm raised.

3. Rose says

I would add strawberries to that as well. They contain a lot of salicin, which converts to salicylic acid, the same active ingredient as found in willow bark and aspirin. I once had a client who had terrific nerve pain from an injury and he could get rid of it with a pint of berries – effects lasted all day!

4. Bronwen Heath says

Mary, I should like you to explain about goitrogens. I am one of those women who must balanca pain-relief with hypothyroidism.

5. Christopher says

The Salmon is a big one because of the omega 3 fats that prevent inflammation that cause excess pain. Grass fed beef is also higher in omega 3 fats. Turmeric (gives the yellow color in curry), ginger, garlic are also potent anti-inflammatory spices. In supplement form, focus on EPA more than DHA, since EPA is more involved with the inflammation caused by pain or injuries.

6. Melissa Diana says

pure aloe vera which you extract with a spoon from two leaves – blend with a few ice cubes and drink twice a day is one of the MOST powerful anti-inflammatories out there. Its bitter but its a miracle – has to be from the actual plant too. The aloe you buy has stabilizers and junk in it. If you filet the leaf and scoop out the aloe into a blender it preserves all of the natural enzymes – it truly is a miracle plant. Then I use the leaves and rub them all over my skin and face – my face breaks out less and I look younger and my skin glows.

7. kelvint says

acording to the theory of TCM and its 5000years of culutre,any roasted food especially nut will arise further inflammation , though almond is good for anti-inflamation , I would recomend raw almond instead of toasted kinds….

8. John says

I love the way Jesse and this community chirps in with lots of usful life enhancing info.
    Thanks all.

9. Erburga says

I was wondering why ‘roasted almonds’ ?
    Belief RAW would be better.
    I also learned that a number – 3 to 12 – of Salmon oil caps – according to the severety of pain, will stop inflamation.
    God’s Blessing to all pain sufferers !

10. Molly says

I have suffered with sciatica for a number of years, more than what I would care to mention. There is nothing that the doctor can give me for it.
    These foods that are recommended will be something that I will check out for myself.

11. Christine V. Kane says

Thanks for the tip about the loe Vera Plant. I have it growing all over my yard and will give it a try. I grow it to use for people visiting me here in Florida who get sun burned. You just filet the leafe and rub it all over the burned area. Feels sticky at first, ut when it dries it is OK. This will stop peeling of the skin from sunburn. Give it a try, it works. Thhis has ben used for hundreds of years in the West Indies and South American Countries, It is also used on babies hands to make them stop sucking fingers.

12. Christine V. Kane says

Thanks for the tip about the Aloe Vera Plant. I have it growing all over my yard and will give it a try. I grow it to use for people visiting me here in Florida who get sun burned. You just filet the leaf and rub it all over the burned area. Feels sticky at first, but when it dries it is OK. This will stop peeling of the skin from sunburn. Give it a try, it works. This has been used for hundreds of years in the West Indies and South American Countries, It is also used on babies hands to make them stop sucking fingers.

13. denise says

maybe a list of conditions of food that are not recommended may be helpful after all too, like ‘roasted’ ‘deep fried’ whatever, maybe specified for certain foods. thanx.

14. Andre Steyn says

Hi

I am looking for a natural remedy for Polymyalgia. No to be confused with Fibromyalgia.

It is for my father-in-law and he endures a lot of back-pain.

thanks

Andre’

15. Christina L-M says

Hello,
    I wanted to thank you for this insightful article and thank the bloggers for adding any other helpful tips. The help and tips and very appreciated and I think it’s wonderful how people from all over the world come together and help each other like this.
    Thank you so much and I am looking forward to more articles. Also, I hope the move will go well!

16. Angela says

Hello, I would add cherries to this list of
    anti inflammatory foods.Also, the aloe plant
    I think is aloe barbedensis (not sure of this spelling,is it true the leaf here can be consumed unlike other varieties?when it is just the pulp. Please let us have the correct version on this..thank you,

17. Sonia says

Could definitely explain my craving for Jalapenos!
    Thanks.. will try this out.
    I have fibromyalgia and Endometriosis.

18. Florence says

Thanks for the numerous articles you’ve sent to me on solutions to Back pains, God bless. Is it possible for you to have a representative in Nigeria, w/Africa? The need for this is due to the difficulty involve in placing orders, making online payments & getting products sent to those of us who desire to benefit from their usage.

19. caroline says

turmeric and curcumin are both potent anti-inflammatoriesand you dont have to make a strong curry, these can be added to stews and casseroles in smaller quantities. I soak fresh almonds overnight or 24 hours in a glass of water to remove enzyme inhibitors and kick off the germination process. Skins can then easily be rubbed off and they taste great. The squirrel doesn’t bury his nuts just to hide them. He is cleverer than that… he is germinating them to release the nutrients. :-)

20. Sara Miner says

I suffer from back pain for 4 years. I have try everything available. I want to share something that make me feel a little better. It really works. It’s Clay or healing clay. You mix in a bowl, 1 spoon of olive oil, 4 wood spoon of clay and a little bit of warm water, make like a mud, put a white cloth and apply on the area that it hurt the most. Leave for 2 hour or more. It give me a whole day of relieve.

21. Rev.John Adrews says

Hi Jesse, Thanks for ur emails with good infos. I do not have credit cards and how can I get your soothe-in-oil for my low back pain.?

22. James says

remember tumeric is natural and is a pain killer and boswellia extract is the best natural anti inflamatory the brand that works the quickest and best is standard process.and to repair torn ligaments and tendens with no scarring from that same brand is ligaplex 1 and it already has tummeric in it.if u dont like salmon, braccali ,olive oil, raw spinich . everything i dont like jalapenios i love but cant eat .

23. Frances says

For eight months I suffered from bad knee problems. I tried Soothanol X2 for the pain. In ten days my pain was gone. There are other products that work too but this oil saved me from having surgery.

24. rebecca dugas says

Thanks for the info. I take theturmeric capsule and eat most of the suggested foods. Are salmon cakes any help. I can’t go straight salmon. But love the cakes.

25. Hermine says

My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right.
    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I
    had spent for this information! Thanks!

26. Karin says

Great comments following an awesome article! I just (3 weeks ago) started a new product for pain relief! Main ingredient is red ginseng in a patch … it’s working to relieve sciatic pain! I’ve been seeking pain relief for about 15 years … I even stopped riding my horses because it was just too much, even IF I made it up into the saddle … so for the first time in 4 years … I’m thinking of getting back on my horses! I’m figuring out that inflammation is the root cause of pain … but what it is that causes the inflammation in my body … still eludes me … so am finding that I am just grateful for the pain … and the patches … and what I am learning thru this process … how it is allowing expansion in my life … now we’ll see if releasing some weight is also part of this equation … pain relief PLUS healthy body … yessss **fist pump** that is the ultimate goal :-)

How does it get any better than this … ;-)

27. Maybell says

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It
    truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to
    give something back and aid others like you helped me.